ICFF is now accepting Studio Submissions – Deadline to submit is January 15, 2018.
Now shaping its 30th edition, North America’s platform of global design continues its 13-year partnership with Bernhardt Design to bring the next generation of emerging talent to the forefront through the juried ICFF Studio competition.
“The 2017 selection process was very difficult for ICFF and the Bernhardt Design team” said Kevin O’Keefe, ICFF Event Director. “We received hundreds of submissions from around the world from so many very talented and innovative designers. It was quite the challenge to arrive at the final selection of really outstanding creations.”
To enter the competition, a designer must be working in the industry for less than five years and have a working prototype that is not in commercial production. All submissions are reviewed by established industry professionals with entries judged on design aesthetics, the ability to be economically mass produced, marketability and commercial viability.
View the official ICFF Studio 2018 Press Release
Studio has been a career catalyst for a number of past participants, including well-known designers, Brad Ascalon, Viable London, Chris Adamick and Nolen Niu, who manages his Los Angeles based studio and showroom. Numerous publications have featured the work presented at ICFF Studio, including Business Week, Fast Company, ID, Metropolis, The New York Times, Surface, and Wallpaper.
Congratulations to the ICFF Studio 2017 class:
- Peidian Cai – Settle Table – Pasadena, CA, USA
- Studio Foy- Siri Line and Guro Sorbo Midtun Pusle Benches – Oslo, Norway
- Guilherme Wentz – Tela Chair – Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Yi-Chieh Wang – Moon Table – Pasadena, CA, USA
- Kendra Kirchner – Drawer Table – Miami, FL, USA
- Ruoxi Wang – Loop Desk – San Francisco, CA, USA
- Aiden Bowman & Josh Metersky – Janus Table Lamp – Brooklyn, NY, USA
- Tom Skeehan – Hup Hup Chair – Canberra, Australia
- Xiaotong Wang – Product TBD – Pasadena, CA , USA
- Refaeli Ma – Leira Lounge Chair – Beijing, China
Questions about ICFF Studio or applying? Email Jackson at email@example.com